- If your cat seems to mark near doorways or windows…
- If neighborhood cats hang out on your property or close to it…
- If your cat spends a lot of time looking out windows…
Your cat may be marking because of "outdoor stimuli." Here are some tips:
- First, have your cat examined by your veterinarian. It is wise to first rule out any kind of medical issues.
- Keep the curtains closed that look out into the neighborhood where outdoor cats have been seen (out of sight, out of mind).
- Clean the area thoroughly with an enzymatic cleaner. These cleaners are found in most pet supply stores. Follow the directions carefully.
- After cleaning the area, make that area difficult for the cat to get to by placing double-sided tape on the area (this is a temporary measure).
Want more information? Download the informative PDF.