(951) 688-4340
6165 Industrial Ave, Riverside
Compelling animal stories, ways to get involved and more!
Image is not available


Found Pets

Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center is committed to the best possible outcome for lost or found pets but remember that we are not the first step in the pet recovery process. The Center is not legally authorized to accept strays and must turn them over to Riverside County Department of Animal Services (RCDAS). If you have lost a pet or found a stray animal (including a pet that has sustained an injury), please contact the RCDAS or other authorized shelter closest to your location.

County Shelters:

Western Riverside: (951) 358-7387 (PETS)

6851 Van Buren Boulevard, Jurupa Valley, CA 92509

San Jacinto: (951) 358-7387

Coachella Valley: (760) 343-3644

Blythe: (760) 921-7857

Lost Pets

If your animal companion is MISSING:


  • Petco Love Lost is a searchable national database that uses patented facial recognition technology to make finding lost pets quicker and easier. Uploaded photos of a missing dog or cat are immediately scanned to determine whether the lost pet is at a participating shelter or with a neighbor in the community.

           PETCO LOVE LOST

  • Visit as many area shelters as you can to view the pets in the kennels. Under State law, stray animals are held for a minimum 4 days, not counting the day of arrival or holidays. Plan on visiting the shelters every 3 to 5 days to see all new arrivals. On the days you cannot visit a shelter, review their website.
  • Search your neighborhood and surrounding areas regularly. Call or whistle, especially in the evenings when it is quiet.
  • Alert your neighbors. If your pet is injured or frightened, it may be hiding. Ask your neighbors to check garages and tool sheds.
  • If your pet is microchipped, call the Microchip Registry or log onto their website to confirm that your contact information is up-to-date. Be sure to alert them that your pet is missing.